Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Event #30 I WILL CRUSH YOU!

That's right, I'm playing in the WSOP this year. I managed to qualify through our own Chiptalk.net, the place for uber chip geeks and poker aficionados. Event #30 is your standard NLHE $1500 event, and will likely have close to 3000 players. I'm hoping that I can make it through to Day Two. Sounds lame, but it's not as easy as it sounds, and I would be very happy with that as my first performance in a WSOP event. My ultimate goal is (duh) to win the damn thing.

The wife is joining me, and we're staying at the Venetian, my personal favourite. Wifey loves the spa there, and most of our favourite dinner places are either in, or nearby. Everything's booked, first night: Tao. Followed by SushiSamba, Rao, Delmonico's and finally, Taste of Siam. During the tournament, we didn't book anything, as it's considered bad juju. I'm playing the event, and wifey's going to meet me there for my dinner breaks. Too bad the Rio doesn't have any spectacular restaurants and I'm sure that I'll be pretty wound up and won't want to eat a huge meal. We'll see.

My secret backup plan is to hit the Deepstack Extravaganza at the Venetian in the event of an early bustout. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

There's a huge contingent of Chiptalk people going this year, it'll be great to meet some people in person for the first time, and excellent to see some old faces again.

Wish me luck!

No comments: